Thursday, May 26, 2016

Prepping for Paseo

    I am looking at the weather report on my phone (cuz I have a smart phone now and I can do that,) and it's saying that this weekend will be mostly cloudy with only a slight chance of rain.  Not ideal, but after having to pack up the first and third nights during thunderstorms  -- no scratch that.  Saturday night I closed down during a thunderstorm.  Monday night I tore down during a monsoon.  So after last year, I can deal with a cloudy day.
    I did something yesterday that I should have done a long time ago.  I got The Square (cuz I have a smart phone now and I can do that.)  My only excuse for having not done it sooner is that when one is not tech-savvy, everything seems like it should be more complicated than it really winds up being.  And this was really easy.
    Once upon a time, I accepted credit cards the old fashioned way, through a credit card service with a machine that processed the cards and payments automatically.  The fee wasn't bad, but they had me renting (to own) a  machine that ultimately cost me over a thousand dollars, and then on top of that, they insisted I start paying for ID theft insurance, which was going to cost more than I was making in credit card sales.  Totally not worth it.  So I stopped taking cards altogether.  The Square is so much easier, and I won't have to deal with all the bullmumblemumble.
    Today was spent matting and framing replacements for the pics I sold at the Edmond show.  I went to Denton's to pick up some matboard, and on the way I thought it would be a good idea to stop by the Paseo district to see if they've already laid out where the booths are going to be.  completely forgot about it till I got back home.  They've got a really cool thing.  I'm in that portion of the show that is being run by the heirs of Kathy Jacobson, and they own the parking lot that much of the show is in.  a few years ago, they drilled holes in the parking lot and put in some sleeves for large eyebolts that the artists use to anchor their tents.  It is THE reason we didn't lose everything during last year's monsoon.
    Sometime in the next day or so, I need to go to my Dad's house and make up some more business cards.  I had intended to get ahold of my old printer and have her make up a box of cards for me, but I procrastinated myself out of time.  Still needs to be done, tho. 
    Other than that, I believe I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment