Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Schedule

 
The Downtown Edmond Arts Festival begins in eight days.  I have eleven new pictures in a new medium that really excited to show, plus all the other stuff I've been dragging around for years.  I've done this particular show every year but one since 1993.
Art shows have a peculiar psychological effect on me.  I'm inspired to go home and create loads of new stuff while at the same time wondering how I'm going to get rid of the stuff I've already got, or what my kids will do with it after I'm gone.  My son is a kind of sentimental sort, and I figure if he winds up with it, he'll be holding on to it as a keepsake for the rest of his life.  My daughter is a bit more practical, and she'd probably figure out some way to market it all.  Or toss it, either one.
   Thinking about this makes me feel old.
   Anyway, I think I need to either expand my market somehow (more shows?) or just improve my marketing skills.  I can't just keep going to the same two shows and just expect that in one or two years a couple of hundred people in Edmond will suddenly realize they desperately need a nineteen year old print of a typewriter.  Although, I suppose that could happen, right?
    In the meantime, I've got such big plans for next year.  I'm gonna produce so much stuff, and it's gonna be beautiful stuff, and it's gonna sell so well.  People are gonna be begging for my stuff.  It's gonna be yooge.

No comments:

Post a Comment