Thursday, April 28, 2016

Not Enough Hours In A Day

When I first conceived of this blog, I assumed that most of it would be about how trying to live my real life is interfering with my attempts at being a serious artist.  In all likelihood, that will eventually turn out to be the case, but for now, today, the opposite is true.
    When I get off work in a few hours, it will be Thursday morning, the day before this weekend's art show.  I still have a lot of things to do to prepare for the show, one of which is to call my Dad and tell him there's an art show this weekend and I need to borrow the truck.  (Hazards of working the night shift: whenever you think about needing to call someone, it's ALWAYS while that someone is in bed asleep.)
    I also need to go to the grocery store, both for show food and for home food.  I need to dig out the big pictures and clean the glass and make sure the frames are in decent shape.  I need to go through my tool box and make sure it's sufficiently loaded.  I need to find and clean all my show furniture.  Late in the afternoon, I need to go downtown and get my show packet, and find out if Elaine at Dean-Lively Gallery is going to stay open late so I can store some of my work in her shop overnight.  I also need to get four or five hours of sleep.  And I need to shower and straighten up the house a bit before my son shows up with his new girlfriend for dinner.
    Hopefully, my son will remember to bring cake, because Thursday is also the man-spouse's birthday.


I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment