Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Ready, Except For The Color Blue

The Edmond show is coming up this weekend.  First show of the year, and I am extraordinarily ready (as opposed to my usual MO of scrambling till the last minute to get matting and framing done, and all my furniture ready.)  I did all my inventorying weeks ago, and got all my new stuff framed and matted and shrinkwrapped, and the old stuff is fully stocked, too.

There are a couple of things that are not ready, but those are currently out of my control.  One of my new photos, the one of the Tower Theatre, has been delayed because of a technical problem.  One of the inkjets on Tim's wonderful giclée machine is clogged, and when he prints anything with blue in it, it gets stripes.  I have two prints of that picture with that flaw, and I'm still deciding whether to go ahead and bring them to the show.  If I do, they'll be unmatted and signed as artist proofs.

I also ordered a couple of prints of the pen & ink crayon pic, but that has that one blue crayon, and Tim hasn't printed them yet because they'd have the same problem.  He's farming out the work to someone else, tho, so hopefully they'll be ready by the time the Paseo show rolls around.

Speaking of blue, I used the extra time to change my color scheme.  For the last... well, however long I've had them, my print file and boxes have been some shade of forest green.  This year, I've painted them a nice, rich royal blue.  I also made another print file, as the old one was getting crowded.  Now, with two of them, my tent is going to look crowded, so I'm going to have to figure out the best arrangement.

I do need to make some business cards.  Can't forget those.  That would be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment